Forget the Resolutions: Make #TheCommitment
It's been a while since I've blogged. I've thought about getting back into it many times but never followed through on my desire. But now I'm back. I have a lot of things to say and as much as I enjoy using social media on a daily basis, there are just some things that need more that 140 characters to be expressed.
As we rapidly approach the New Year, it's easy to be overcome with the excitement that it promises. And with that excitement comes the promise of a "start-over'. The opportunity to make right all of the things that we've done wrong over the past year, or even several years. So we hastily make Resolutions that, if upheld, will magically transform our lives into the wonderful, happy existence that we yearn for them to be. But I've learned, as many of you have, that Resolutions are usually nothing more than empty promises that we make to ourselves.
So this year, I've resolved to make no Resolutions. Yes, that was irony. I hope you enjoyed it. But seriously, I don't want my life to be based around these empty promises that I make each year. Instead, I want to make Commitments.
With that in mind, I decided to start what I call #TheCommitment (note the use of the hashtag--did I mention how much I love social media?). And I'd love for all of you to join me in this commitment to make this year the best year ever. Not just for ourselves, but for those around us as well.
(1) I Commit to loving myself even when I don't feel that I am worthy of being loved,
(2) I Commit to loving others around me as I love myself,
(3) I Commit to doing the best that I can to change the things in my life that I wish to change,
(4) I Commit to taking small steps to make those changes in my life rather than trying to change
everything all at once,
(5) I Commit to thinking positive thoughts, speaking positive words, and doing positive actions
on a daily basis.
So I invite you to join me in making #TheCommitment. Life is a wonderful thing and we should enjoy it to the fullest. And when we work together to help one another we are well on our way to doing so.